Philadelphia International Airport Information
As suggested by PHL, arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before a domestic flight and at least 3 hours before an international flight. (You can check your flight departure time here.)
When you head toward the security area, have your boarding pass and ID out and ready so you can get through TSA security as quickly as possible.
If you’re traveling with a notebook computer or tablet, make sure it’s out of your briefcase or other carry-on luggage before you put it through the scanner.
Make sure any liquids you’re traveling with are in 3-ounce containers and are in a plastic bag that can easily be checked separately.
Some items that are prohibited in carry-on luggage: firearms, knives, mace, golf clubs, sporting goods equipment, weapons, etc. Seriously, even if you are a legitimate collector, do not bring any firearms or knives into the airport, let alone try and board with them.
While the Plane is in the Air
Use these helpful suggestions to help make their flight go a little smoother:
- Pack a sweater or jacket you can easily access on the plane in case the cabin is chilly or even cold.
- Bring entertainment like music or a magazine, or even some serious reading.
- If you are drinking alcohol on the plane, match each drink with two glasses of water.
- Get up and walk around on long flights to keep your muscles from getting stiff or aching.
- Plane cabins tend to be dry, so remember to pack some lip balm and moisturizer.
- If you’re going to buy anything while on the plane, bring a credit card. Most airlines no longer accept cash for in-flight purchases.
After You Land
If your luggage gets lost, here are some suggestions and recommendations:
- Check the other baggage claims in the airport. Your luggage may have been sorted into the wrong pile.
- If you haven’t found your luggage, check for pieces of unclaimed luggage in the airport. It is possible that the person the unclaimed luggage belongs to took your luggage by mistake.
- If there’s no luggage left behind, inform the airline that your luggage is missing. Provide a detailed description, include what it looks like and what’s in it.
- If you’re staying at a hotel, inform them that your luggage from your flight is missing.
When you land at Philadelphia International Airport and pick up your luggage, call Pacifico and tell us you’ve arrived and are ready to be picked up. One of our professional valet drivers will transport your car directly to your terminal and manage your luggage. If you purchased our “Sign and Go” option for $13.88 we bring your car to you then you go directly home from the airport in the comfort of your own vehicle. Otherwise we bring you back to our lot so you can finalize your reservation. Either way it’s quick and painless!